Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dressed, pt. 1

Dear Internets,

My wedding dress came in this morning. This is the dress I decided not to get. Our wedding is going to be kind of a garden/informal wedding. The long lace dress, while amazing, was just too fancy.

I ended up buying my dress at David's Bridal. I heard they have fairly inexpensive dresses in stock at their stores in sizes from 2 to 26W, and I liked the idea of shopping at a store where women of a variety of sizes could go in and try on something that fits. I probably would have preferred to buy a non-traditional dress and/or a dress from an independent seamstress, but my family thought both ideas sounded absolutely nuts. I decided it wasn't worth battling about.

While I've heard horror stories about David's Bridal, I had nothing but a good experience. I walked in on a Saturday on a whim with friends. Even though I didn't have an appointment, I got a lot of personal attention from my consultant, Sara. She was silly, fun to be around, and incredibly sweet. The managers at the store were really fantastic too. Later that week, I took Sara cookies and a thank you card for putting up with me. She hugged me and cried. She has a heart of gold and I just loved her to pieces.

I still need to get my dress altered and buy some sort of fancy brassiere to wear with it (why is it that everyone acts like my wedding underwear needs to involve NASA technology?), but I'm glad that the order came in, because that's one less thing to think about. I think I may already have the shoes I want to wear too.

Can anyone who's done this before (or has seen it done before) think of anything I'm missing?

Love,
Jane

1 comment:

  1. Just Spanx, lol. Do you have shoes already? And any jewelry you want to wear with it? I ended up going with traditional pearls, but I kind of wish I had gotten something funkier from Etsy!

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP