Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Weecap 11/11

Dear Internets,

I've been distracted from wedding planning this week. Sadly, I've mostly been distracted by FarmVille (and its easier-to-play cousin FishVille), and not by anything that would bring about positive world change. Here are some wedding updates of the bullet point variety:
  • The pre-marriage counseling thing was OK. Achilles and I came out with several jokes about chicken, and a couple of techniques we might actually use from time to time. The time we spent was definitely worth getting $60 off our marriage license. Most of the couples were around our age, although there was one super young pregnant couple who kind of made me sad. I hope that everything will work out for them.
  • I always thought I wouldn't want a veil, but I ended up trying one on that I really liked (and my mom loved). I'm going to pick it up today if I can drag myself away from my crops.
  • We are thinking we might serve pizza at our reception. I wrote an entire post about food that I probably won't end up publishing because 1.) it makes me sound psychotic and 2.) I really doubt it would be that interesting to anyone.
  • Achilles is taking my ring to be re-sized today (he has the day off, the lucky jerk). My finger feels sort of nekkid without it.
  • Achilles' dad owned a business in Austin for about 25 years. This is coming in handy - he has connections and discounts at other local (and awesome) businesses that we'd never otherwise be able to afford. Saving money makes me happy.
  • I still need to get my dress altered.
I think that's about it. How has your week been going, Internets?

Love,
Jane

2 comments:

  1. Pizza! Love that idea. I always said I wanted to serve pizza at my wedding reception, but we settled on tacos instead. My other favorite food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza!! YAY for good food! :) lol

    I'm glad things are going well. xx

    ReplyDelete

  © Blogger template Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP